Wednesday, June 30, 2010

six months & six dresses: dress # 2



See my first dress here.



I feel I am so late posting my 2nd dress for six months & six dresses, but I'm not; it's just the last day of June and I am one month behind the other totally gorgeous ladies playing along. So here is my 2nd dress, which I have actually had since April!! I first saw this cute number in the Woman's Day magazine, April edition, under "Bargain Finds" or something similar. It was advertised in the magazine from one website for $30. But when I went to said website they did not have this dress and I really wanted it. After I quick google search, I did find the same dress at Mod Cloth for $50 bucks-No Way Jose!! After one more search, I found the dress again at GOjane for less than $25 (and not a sale price)!!! It pays to shop around, even online.

My shots are below, taken on a June Gloomy Day in my backyard.

P.S. Libby did not participate this time around, but she does make an appearance. Maybe next month she will be less of a diva and show off one of her dresses she already has, instead of insisting on a new one;).




I technically have July's dress already too, let's see how long it takes to get some photos this time=).

Love,

Jenn Z.

12 comments:

  1. Cute dress – and I like how the two of you coordinate! :) L

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG cuteness!!!!! you need to take me shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Your new dress is amazing! I love the bow in the front!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, gawjus! AND, a steal :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for new dresses! This one's really pretty, and I like your 'garden modelling' with the flower hehe. 4 more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks everyone!! I was going to say happy 4th, but I think only one comment is from here (and she is not truly "native"), but she will be at my house tomorrow to celebrate!!! YAY!! Much love to my Canadian, Scottish, and Argentine-American readers!!

    Happy belated Canada Day!!

    xo,

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm basically posting my june dress in july. ;) that's not cheating, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is adorable---love that green! Also, I have hair envy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suki and Amy! Welcome!!

    Suki...I'm sure that's fine. Kyla posted her June dress in July and she started it!

    Amy, thanks for the hair compliment! And I'm loving the green too; I'm even wearing a kelly green yoga shirt today.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you had done this in red/white & black.... SALE!!! I want very much to learn to sew clothing, particularly shirts and dresses, but have never dove in head first. I sew other items such as quilts and such but I am going to have to make it my mission. I need clothing to fit me as prednizone can do unnatural things to the body. Who would you recommend for a pattern for a beginner clothing seamstress but experienced pillow, quilt etc... maker? Hugs. Taz

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute, and I'm basically in love with your hair!! I didn't want to whine in my post, but my girl cut mine really strangely this time & I'm in full on pouting mode. If I don't style it just so, I have a bowl cut. I think you've inspired me to grow it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Taz and Kyla!

    Taz...Usually I would go for Red/Black combo, but I have been looking for items outside of the norm for me. I'm not sure about patterns and sewing. I, too, would love to learn one day. :)

    Kyla.....thank you for the dress/hair compliment. Sorry about your hair girl. I hardly get mine cut for that reason. Pout away, hair is important and if you're not comfy with a style it can throw everything off! Saying that though, I think you look great! Your original shorter hair inspired me to cut mine off. I had not cut my hair at all during 2009.

    xo,

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete