Wednesday, March 24, 2010

6 WEEKS!


It has been six weeks since surgery, which is a great "anniversary" date; during this time frame the professionals say you are more susceptible to dislocating your new hips. And guess what.....NO DISLOCATIONS, thank goodness! I had a couple of scares when moving my legs around, every so often, I thought I moved it too far or too much or crossed them(!) and that my hip ball was just slightly out of place. Mainly it just felt weird, my hips that is, (sorry the best I can explain). Most likely it was muscle pain or strain, cause usually within a few days my hips felt fine and I could move them again without any "weird" feeling.

Remember when I first posted after surgery, I mentioned my eyes weren't quite right. Well, I went to the eye doctor last week (yes, I call them eye doctors and not ophthalmologist) and after 2 appoinments, 6 vision tests and dilation, he could not figure out why I have a few "blind spots" post surgery. At first, we both (the doc and I) thought I was experincing a flare-up of my iritis (inflammation of my iris, basically arthritis in my eye), but there was no evidence of inflammation. So the best he could do was refer me to a retina specialist, which, of course, is not covered by my vision insurance, but will hopefully be covered by my regular medical insurance. Joy, nothing could ever be figured out simply, huh?

In other news, I have been walking around freely, no cane no more. It feels good. Tomorrow I have my 1st follow-up appointment at the orthopedics's office. I do not actually get to meet with my surgeon until my next follow-up @ 6 months, I think; this appointment is with the physician assistant. I am looking forward to it and getting the green light to swim, maybe hot tub!? Also, I can't wait to head to the physical therapist soon as well; my muscles need to be loosened up, a lot. They are pretty tight and I have been unable to put on my own shoes and socks still.

So, I decided to now measure my recovery in terms of putting on my own shoes and socks. I have no problem with slip-ons and flip-flops, obviously and I can almost take off my socks. Stay tuned, I will update on this regularly!

Cheers,

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment