Thursday, December 15, 2011

March/April/May Retrospective

In current news, I just started a Pinterest and I am a little obsessed...it is so neat to gather all my online "likes" in one place and see what others are interested in too! Follow me (only if you want, of course) if you have one: Pinterest

This article was a recent discovery and a very timely one at that: A Message to Women From a Man: You Are Not "Crazy"

Onto my year in review:

MARCH
March started off pretty well in Washington DC, advocating my little heart out and making sure 50 volunteers (advocates) understood their mission, learned a bunch, and had fun in the process.  While in DC my knees decided to swell and at one point I felt like I could not get out of bed. Luckily my arthritis BFF was by my side and she totally understands, we powered through, and room service helped tremendously!
Capitol Hill
Long Time Arthritis Buddies

After a couple cortisone injections I thought I was good to go and headed off for a family cruise on the Disney Wonder. The cruise was splendid, unfortunately my flare returned with full force somewhere between LA and Cabo San Lucas. Thankfully I did not have to do much and returned home with two very swollen knees, again. In addition, the joints between my ribs decided to flare (as they say, there's a first for everything). If felt "lovely" getting up from a lying position and trying to take deep breaths.
Me, Pluto, my bro-in-law, and niece.
APRIL
The mother of all arthritis flares followed me into April when I was finally approved for new medication. Fortunately the new meds worked, but unfortunately, they took around 6 weeks to see major improvements. Thankfully the new biologic medication is still working and I have control over my disease.

April also included a weekend at Arthritis Family Camp at The Painted Turtle (fun, fun, and more fun!) and the beginning of the Arthritis Walk Season. I think this is also the month my bestie told me she was PREGNANT (happy dance!) with Baby Oliver.
My bestie all pregnant.
MAY
More work, lots of Arthritis Walks and finally relief from good old Arthur. Enjoyed an afternoon at Magic Mountain with my good friend Kristy after we worked the advocacy both at the Magic Mountain Arthritis Walk. That was a lot of fun.
Fun at the Magic Mountain Arthritis Walk



3 comments:

  1. Great pics Jenn, loving the retrospective! So glad the new med is still working, fingers crossed it'll keep doing its job for a long time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Squirrel! Yup, my fingers are crossed this med works for a good long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure seems like you had a crazy busy year!! Seems like I just took this pic, what a trip.

    ReplyDelete