Thursday, January 5, 2012

September/October/November Retrospective

These 3 months were probably the craziest months of the year, but I had lots of fun and probably learned the most during this time.

September
Boyer's (my "first job") Reunion

Boyer's was a chain/mom and pop coffee shop where I worked with my best friend and a group of misfits from the area (some from school, some from the neighborhood, etc.). There was a core group of us and some of us reunited at my good friend Kristy's house. Memories, so many fun and funny times were had at this little coffee shop, even our bosses made the reunion. We were like Clerks meets Empire Records crossed with a little of our own specialness. I feel very lucky for this experince as it led my to my next job and meeting many amazing friends.


Also in September I coordinated a Town Hall Meeting with State Senator Ed Hernandez on Osteoarthritis and Exercise. With help from another Program Director and our CEO we secured speakers, location, and all logistics within 6 weeks. It was a whirlwind of an event, but in the end it was successful and neat to work semi-closely with one of our State Senators and his staff. 

Lastly, I hosted a fun night for one of my favorite girls, check it out here.

October
Mid-October hubby and I threw a Camp Esperanza Counselor Appreciation BBQ. A lot of volunteers from our Teen Leadership Session of camp and their loved ones were able to make this laid back afternoon filled with food, drinks, and games! We played badminton in the backyard for hours...even in the dark. I was having too much fun to take photos.

The next weekend the Arthritis Foundation hosted our 2nd Annual Arthritis in PrimeTime, a conference for young adults with arthritis and their loved ones. The night before the educational and general sessions, we hosted a pajama party in one of the hotel suites by the 3rd floor pool. Overall this conference was a huge success and totally re-inspired me (again) about my purpose in life.

Pajama Party fun!!

My infusion buddy wins!

Don't have words, but these two rock.

Keynote Speaker, Comedian and Doctor Matt Iseman

November
This month was filled with a wedding (2nd one hubby performed for the year), a baby shower for my BFF, major life decisions, cram session for a test, and a nontraditional Thanksgiving. I was a better blogger this month, so I think I captured a lot here on this ol'blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment